5. Monitoring and Evaluation
58 A Guide to Monitoring and Evaluation for Energy Projects. Monitoring and
Evaluation in Energy for Development (M&EED) International Working Group.
59 Measuring Successes and Setbacks. How to Monitor and Evaluate
Household Energy Projects. GTZ. HERA Household Energy Programme.
60 Gender and Energy for Sustainable Development: A Toolkit and Resource
Guide. UNDP and ENERGIA. 2004.
61 Monitoring and Evaluation: Some tools, methods and Approaches. World
Annex 1. A project planning framework
62 Rapid Appraisal Methods. The World Bank, Washington, D. C. K. Kumar
Annex 2. A financial planning framework
63 The Business Plan. AREED Toolkit: A Handbook for Energy Entrepreneurs.
African Rural Energy Enterprises Development (AREED).
64 Budgeting. The Social Development Civil Society Fund (CSF). The World
Other available toolkits
• REToolkit: A Resource for Renewable Energy Development. World Bank.
• AREED Toolkit: A Handbook for Energy Entrepreneurs. African Rural
Energy Enterprises Development (AREED).
• Rural Energy Enterprise Development (REED) Entrepreneur Toolkit. A
Handbook for Energy entrepreneurs. USAID.
• Community Renewable Energy Toolkit. Scotland Government Publication.
• Sustainable Energy Regulation and Policymaking for Africa. Renewable
Energy and Energy Efficiency Partnership
Other resources and networks available online:
• https://practicalaction.org/practicalanswers Technical information for
development. A wide range of downloadable Practical Action appropriate
technology Technical Briefs plus a Technical Enquiry service.
• http://www.practicalactionpublishing.org Practical Action Publishing builds
on the skills and capabilities of people in developing countries through the
Renewable Energy to Reduce Poverty in Africa